This indulgent Whiskey (or Bourbon) Fudge is a fabulous sweet treat for the whiskey lovers in your life! It is beyond easy to throw together and is perfect for the holidays!
My husband is not always big on desserts but he is a huge whiskey fan this whiskey fudge is one of his favorite holiday indulgences.
This recipe is a decadent, uber chocolatey adults' only treat that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day or any other time you feel like treating yourself or your loved ones.
While it does need some time to set up in the fridge, it takes on about 5 minutes to throw together and is a great treat to have on hand when guests are in town. Enjoy!
More dessert recipes for you to enjoy!
- Microwave safe mixing bowl: You can also use a small microwave safe bowl and a separate mixing bowl. I just like to dirty as few dishes as possible. I like these Pyrex glass mixing bowls.
- 8 x 8 casserole dish or dish of equivalent size
- Aluminum foil
- Whisk or large spoon
- Whiskey or Bourbon: You want to use a whiskey you would drink, not simply the cheapest you can find. I like using Clyde May's Alabama Whiskey or Jameson. You can also use bourbon such as Four Roses.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pecans (optional): I like the texture of chopped pecans in this fudge. You could also use walnuts or feel free to leave out altogether if you're not a nut fan.
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 2 hours and 10 minutes.
How to make Whiskey Fudge
- Melt the chocolate chips.
Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1.5 to minutes, taking out to stir every 15-30 seconds.
Watch carefully to prevent scorching.
- Mix up the fudge.
Once the chocolate is melted add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate.
Line a pan with tin foil and pour in the fudge. Place in the fridge to set up for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend using a whiskey you would enjoy drinking (not simply the cheapest you can find). The whiskey flavor really comes out in this fudge so you want to make sure you use high quality products.
You certainly can. Mini marshmallows or chopped dried fruit also make great additions. Feel free to get creative!
Yes, if you prefer milk chocolate feel free to use it. Just know that it will be much sweeter.
Stored in the fridge this fudge will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
- Microwave safe mixing bowl
- Foil lined 8 x 8 casserole dish (or equivalent size)
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened or melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk 12 oz can
- ¼ cup whiskey
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe mixing bowl. Melt by microwaving for about 1-2 minutes, removing from the microwave to stir every 15 to 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a foil lined dish and refrigerate at least 2 hours until set firm. Slice and serve!Store leftovers in the fridge.