This Honey Lemon Vinaigrette dressing is so simple to make and adds a lovely burst of flavor to any salad or dish!
This delicious Honey Lemon Vinaigrette adds a fresh punch of flavor to any salad or dish!
Many years ago I realized two things. The first is just how many additives and preservatives are packed into modern salad dressings. And the second was just how easy it was to make the most delicious dressings at home.
Since then I have been whipping up a variety of tasty dressing and vinaigrettes and this Honey Lemon version is one of my favorite for spring and summer cooking.
Quality does make a difference so I highly recommend going with a good, light tasting olive oil and sticking with fresh lemons for the best results. Enjoy!
Check out these tasty salad recipes.
I love shaking up my salad dressings in mason jars. Not only can you use them to make the dressing, but for storing as well!
I love these reusable mason jar lids for storing food and dressings alike.
- Olive oil: Go for a good quality extra virgin olive oil. The quality of the oil really makes a difference in flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice and zest: It may be tempting to go for the jarred lemon juice but I assure you fresh is best in this dressing.
- White vinegar: You can substitute with white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar if desired.
- Dijon Mustard: Wholegrain dijon will also work!
- Salt & pepper
More recipes for you to love.
Made this Honey Lemon Vinaigrette dressing? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- mason jar with lid
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a 16 oz mason jar with lid. Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously for a minute or two until emulsified and creamy. Taste and add additional salt & pepper if necessary. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one week.
- *If you don't have a mason jar with lid you can also whisk the mixture together or process in a food processor or blender until creamy.*