This Whole30 compatible Cauliflower "Fried Rice" is a deliciously healthy, low carb side dish that won't have you missing the real thing!
Cauliflower as "Rice"
I have to admit something to you all. For the most part, I am not that into the cauliflower as "rice" illusion.
Cauliflower, in my opinion, does not and never will taste like rice no matter how you play it. That being said, that doesn't mean that "riced" or "pearled" cauliflower doesn't have merit of its own.
So while this Paleo Cauliflower "fried rice" does not taste exactly like actual fried rice, it is an absolutely delicious way to make cauliflower!
More Whole30 recipes for you to enjoy!
- Cauliflower "Rice": One of my favorite grocery store shortcuts is FRESH riced or pearled cauliflower. I emphasize fresh because I have not yet found a way to cook frozen cauliflower rice that does not come out soggy.
- Green Onions: I love the flavor of green onions and they serve a duel purpose in this recipe. You sautÃ© the whites of the onion with the fried rice and then garnish with the green parts. Waste not want not!
- Fresh Garlic & Ginger: Fresh is always best! You can totally use ginger paste in this recipe. I would recommend steering clear of pre-minced garlic. The taste is never the same.
- Frozen Peas: In 2020 it was announced that peas are now compatible with the Whole30 program. However, IF you suspect you do have a substantial legume sensitivity you may want to skip the peas for now.
- Coconut Aminos: For those new to the Whole30/Paleo lifestyle, coconut aminos are basically the soy sauce of the primal world. In fact I've found that they can pretty much be used interchangeably. And lucky for us due to the popularity of the paleo diet coconut aminos are now readily available at most grocery stores. Just be sure to check your labels for any added sugar.
- Rice Vinegar: Despite having rice in the title, rice vinegar actually is Whole30 compliant. Just be sure to check your labels as some varieties do contain added sugar which you want to avoid.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: Make sure to check the labels for any added sugars in you Chili Garlic Sauce. Yai Thai's Chili Garlic Sauce is Whole30 compatible and you can order it on Amazon.
- Fish Sauce: For those new to this delicious condiment fish sauce may seem a little intimidating. But I assure you it is a game changer, both on and off whole30. In my humble opinion the absolute best fish sauce on the planet is Red Boat Fish Sauce.
- Toppings: The skies the limit for toppings for this dish but my personal favorites are chopped cashews, sesame seeds and a dash of toasted sesame oil. And don't forget those reserved green onion tops!
Is this recipe Whole30 / Paleo compatible?
It is! This recipe is Whole30 compliant as is. To make Paleo simply leave out the peas.
Does this recipe work on the 2B Mindset program?
Yes, this recipe is a great option for those following the 2B Mindset program!
More 2B Mindset recipes for you to enjoy!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
I love serving this Whole30 Cauliflower Fried Rice with my Whole30 Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers for a delicious Whole30 compliant dinner!
The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program