This delicious and oh so refreshing Iced Tea Lemonade is the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot day! Made with freshly brewed tea, lemon juice and simple syrup you will never go back to the powdered stuff again!
Some things are better made from scratch and y'all, this iced tea lemonade is one of them. While the powdered version isn't bad necessarily, it just doesn't compare to the deliciousness of freshly squeezed lemons sweetened and mixed with home brewed tea. A perfect summer sip!
More drink recipes you will love.
- Kettle (or something to boil water for the tea): I love this Electric Kettle but you can use anything that boils water.
- Citrus Juicer (optional): I love this Oxo Citrus Juicer but you can totally just squeeze the lemons by hand. Just be sure to remove any seeds.
- Tea: I recommend using English Breakfast Tea or something similar for this recipe. I personally love Paromi Royal Breakfast Tea.
- Lemons: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is key to this recipe!
- Simple Syrup: I use a homemade simple syrup with a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water. If you buy store bought you'll want the same ratio. But I have to tell you, simple is ridiculously easy to make at home. Just mix 1 part boiling water with 1 part sugar and stir until dissolved. That's it!
- Lemon slices and fresh mint (optional): For garnish.
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 20 minutes.
How to make homemade Iced Tea Lemonade:
- Steep the tea in 2 cups of boiling water according to package instructions. Remove tea bags and cool in the fridge.
- In a large pitcher combine 1 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 cup simple syrup and 1.5 cups water. Stir to combine.
- Add cooled tea to the lemonade and stir. Serve over ice and garnish with mint. Enjoy!
How to make homemade simple syrup.
Simply heat or boil the water then add in equal parts sugar and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
You can store 1:1 simple syrup in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Can I double or triple this recipe for a crowd?
You certainly can!
For about 8-10 glasses simply use 4 cups of tea, 2 cups of lemon juice, 2 cups of simple syrup and 3 cups of water.
If you want to make a large pitcher of iced tea lemonade serving up to 20 people you will need:
- 8 cups of tea
- 4 cups of lemon juice
- 4 cups of simple syrup
- 6 cups of water
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this iced tea lemonade recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Ice Tea Lemonade
- Measuring cups
- 2 tea bags
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup simple syrup 1:1 sugar/water ratio
- 1.5 cups water
- lemon slices optional, for garnish
- fresh mint optional, for garnish
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and then steep 2 bags of tea for the amount of time recommended on the package instructions. Remove the tea bags and set in the fridge to cool completely.
- While the tea is cooling squeeze several lemons to get about 1 cup of lemon juice. Add the lemon to juice to a pitcher and then add 1 cup of simple syrup and 1 ½ cups of cold water. Stir to combine.
- Once the tea has cooled add it to the pitcher with the lemonade and stir to combine. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint if desired. Enjoy!